Description

Regulation 1858 eagle used on enlisted man’s dress (Hardee) hat to loop the side of the dress hat up. It was originally introduced in 1851 as a pompon eagle, attached to the base of the pompon holder in the front of the 1851 cap (shako). With the a adoption of the hat by the entire army in 1858 the metal plate was reused to loop the side of the hat up. Made from stamped brass with soldered brass wire hooks for attaching to hats or other items.

Measures approximately 1-3/4″ wide by 2-1/2″ high. Made in the U.S.A.