Description

Our plate is a reproduction of cap plates circa 1814-1817 and are die struck brass with attaching wires, approximately 3-1/4″ diameter.

According to a letter dated January 12, 1814 from Callendar Irvine (Commissary General of Purchases) hto the Secretary of War, Infantry Cap Plates were replaced by a plate with a”design similar to that of the button … flat yellow buttons which shall exhibit a bugle surrounded by stars with the number of the regiment within the curve of the bugle.”